It's our party, and we won't cry if we want to because we are eating this vegan chocolate peanut butter and coconut cheesecake. In celebration of our third anniversary, we are featuring this decadent cheesecake. Made with cashews, bananas, and dates as the base ingredients, this dessert is both a healthy and ethical way to have your cheesecake and eat it too. Not only is this recipe delicious, it is simple. All you need is a blender! If you can't eat the whole cheesecake on by yourself--we are happy help.
1 cup oats (or buckwheat if you want it GF)
1 cup dates
2 or more bananas
1/4 cup melted coconut oil
2 cups cashews
1 1/2 cups dates
1/4 cup liquid sweetener, like maple syrup, if desired
Beans from one vanilla pod (or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract)
Water, as needed
1/4 cup cacao or carob powder
3 tablespoons raw chocolate
3 tablespoons raw peanut butter (or you can use regular – it’s up to you)
1. Process the oats (or buckwheat) and dates until they stick together.
2. Press into the bottom of a spring form pan and put in the fridge.
1. Blend all ingredients – EXCEPT cacao or carob – until very smooth.
2. Add as little water as possible to keep your cheesecake creamy.
3. If you don’t want to add any water, use some liquid sweetener or another banana.
4. Now take out half the batter and put in a bowl.
5. Add the cacao or carob in the remaining batter that is still in your blender and blend until it’s incorporated.
6. Now spread the vanilla layer and the chocolate layers on your crust, alternating a few times.
7. Set in the freezer overnight and then drizzle with peanut butter and chocolate the next day. Enjoy!